Some good news – you now have more time to submit your proposal for the 2023 virtual IAMSLIC conference! The conference committee has extended the close off date for submissions to May 31, so if you were thinking about submitting a proposal but just hadn’t found the time yet, now is your chance! We would love to have presentations representing all the IAMSLIC regions on the conference program, and there are lots of tracks (sub-themes) to take inspiration from.
As a reminder, the conference will be hosted virtually by the University of British Columbia Library from Monday Oct 23 to Thursday Oct 26, 2023. Inspired by the UN IPCC’s core message, the 2023 conference theme is What we do matters: Libraries, climate change, and transformation.
We welcome presentation sessions and posters related to climate change, libraries, and the following sub-themes:
There is further information on the Call for Proposals page on the conference website, and you can submit a proposal via the online portal. Conference registration is required in order to present an accepted paper or poster.
- Action on climate change and biodiversity loss
- Change and transformation
- Citizen science and monitoring
- Climate justice and equity
- Community and collaboration
- Data and research
- Historical sources
- Impacts and adaptation
- Library priorities and culture
- Misinformation, disinformation, and information literacy
- Restoration work
- Traditional practice and knowledge
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)