AFRIAMSLIC is in the process of making an online Directory of Africa Aquatic Institutions, Libraries and Professionals involved with Aquatic Science (Marine, Brackish and Freshwater) “AFRIAMSLIC Directory”.
Objectives of the Directory Project
- Identify and document the institutions active in the field of aquatic sciences (international organizations, academic, governmental and private institutions (research institutes, government agencies, schools, universities, associations, private organizations and nonprofit making organization) providing information services for many areas including: marine, brackish and freshwater sciences, environmental, oceanography, geology, fisheries, meteorology, biology, and more;
- Identify libraries and information centers involved with aquatic science in all aspects of Freshwater, Brackish and Marine science and their allied disciplines;
- Capture information on the library and information professionals ;
- Identify the main sectors and engagements related to aquatic and marine sciences in Africa, which will help establish a baseline of the efforts in those areas and provide useful information for the Africa region and the International aquatic & marine community;
- Highlight institutional activities and promote marine and aquatic research activities within the region;
- Foster cooperation and bring on board institutions and organization working with aquatic and marine information in Africa;
- Provide stakeholders an effective way to know who else is out there to be a new potential partner.