Membership & NOMINATING Committee
Chair: Kristen LaBonte (2020-2022)
Members: Kristen LaBonte (Membership Database Manager); Alice Endra, AFRIAMSLIC (2020-2022); Arame Keita, AFRIAMSLIC (2019-2021); Hannah Russell, APIRG (2020-2022); Stephanie Granatin, APIRG (2020-2022); Sonja Kromann, Cyamus (2019-2021); Mayu Ishida, Cyamus (2020-2022); Olga Kopytova, EURASLIC (2019-2021); Kateryna Kulakova, EURASLIC (2020-2022); Ruby Thomas Sánchez, LARG (2019-2021); Teresa Barriga Ramírez, LARG (2020-2022); Liz DeHart, SAIL (2020-2021); Joyce Shaw, SAIL (2020-2022)
- To encourage membership in IAMSLIC, particularly in developing countries and underrepresented areas where such membership would enhance and promote access to the rich resources of IAMSLIC’s expertise and library holdings.
- Administer the IAMSLIC Sponsored Membership Program (granting up to five three-year sponsored memberships and up to five one-year sponsored memberships per year).
- To administer the process and forward names of nominees to elected positions to the membership
- Coordinate advice and mentoring of new IAMSLIC members and provide information on networking opportunities.
- Forward nominations of IAMSLIC Honorary Members to the Executive Board.
Membership of the Committee:
- Voting: Two members of each regional group: the regional group representative and one other appointed by the regional group.
- Non-Voting: Membership Database Manager
Service on the Committee is a two-year term. The Chair will be appointed by a majority vote of the Executive Board.
- Candidate slate presented to Board six weeks prior to annual meeting
- Electronic ballots prepared one month prior to the annual meeting to allow adequate time for voting.
Liaison to Committee: Kristen LaBonte (ongoing)
- To maintain IAMSLIC’s membership database including renewals.
- To provide labels and lists to IAMSLIC members for official purposes (at no charge), or to for-profit and not-for-profit agencies (on a fee-for-service basis)