East-West Connections: Bridging the Continent/Connecting the Seas
May 19-20, 2021
Hosted by Gunter Library/Gulf Coast Research Laboratory/School of Ocean Science & Engineering/The University of Southern Mississippi (Virtual Conference via ZOOM)
As SAIL and CYAMUS collaborate to create a useful, timely, and engaging conference, they mirror the members libraries that collaborate with their constituencies to support scientific communication, scholarly engagement, and mission success. Building the bridges within our communities, connecting people and knowledge, and serving as trusted arbitrators, SAIL and CYAMUS libraries are leaders in partnering and supporting each other and our researchers, faculty, students, administrators, and public.
Some potential topics:
• Identifying successful library partnerships.
• After a year of challenges including closures and remote work, what short term responses will become long term changes to services and resources?
• Engagement with users for insight into better delivery of products.
• New developments in collection development.
• The “Big Deal” packages—gone for good or undergoing changes?
• Working with your Office of Research, Foundation, and other partnership opportunities.
• Increasing diversity and inclusion (engagement with users; developing diverse collections, etc.)
Other ideas welcome!
Proposals for 30-minute presentations, 60-minute moderated panel discussions, and 10-minute lightning talks are due by April 16, 2021. Conference registration is required for presenters.
Deadline Expended for conference proposal submissions: New deadline is April 23, 2021
Using the link below, please submit proposals by April 23, 2021. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe11xdDX0hVEXILpJfA3VKLibl2mRyvOWaMyyLyWazt4bVyLg/viewform?usp=sf_link